Monday, March 18, 2013

Doubts...

During the planning process of this action research process I have begun to have doubts that I will find sound data that will really impact the teaching style of, not only myself, but my team and my school. I want desperately for it to make a difference but the more I think and plan the project the more I am struggling to really feel confident about the choice of research. I picked the research topic because I have had concerns regarding the process that my school uses to analyze student testing data. We don't use it...that's the main concern. I feel that if we are required to input the data, we should be using it to benefit the kids. I want to learn about how others are using their data, change my own procedures, and those of my PLC. I hope that what I am doing will make a difference to those that have the same concerns and doubts about using testing data in the classroom and that, above all, there is a positive impact for student achievement. I will keep working and thinking in order to make the most of this project. As Voltaire said, "“Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is a ridiculous one.”  I'm hoping that my doubt is, in fact, ridiculous, and that I will truly use this project to better my own practice....in the meantime, I'll have to keep on pushing forward to really work towards what I have set forth to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment